Objectives and Project Results
The project aims at reaching the following objectives:
- Improving the social inclusion and quality of life of 150 ageing adults with intellectual disabilities through a knowledge-improvement scheme helping them to acquire transversal competences (interpersonal skills);
- Promoting an open education in a digital era by supporting the use of digital technologies to improve pedagogies and assessment methods;
- Enhancing the professional development of their educators thanks to the elaboration and validation of a specific training toolkit for educators of AAWID, enabling and promoting the recognition as well as the comparability of qualifications and learning outcomes skills and qualifications acquired by ageing adults with intellectual disabilities (AAWID). The training materials will be developed, as much as possible, according to the European Qualification Framework (EQF)
- Developing an IT Training platform (MNAM) on the basis of the theoretical framework of the 8 dimensions of quality of life (QQL) to be used by the community and tailored to AAWID’s needs and learning potential;
- Employment of community-based and specific disability/elderly services benefiting from training materials, tools and methodologies developed by the project.
The project is expected to deliver the following results:
- “My new inclusive job”: Training toolkit for educators of AAWID, development and delivery of competences to educators though a training plan, a workbook for trainers, a workbook for educators, teacher classroom powerpoint presentations, online course;
- “My new ageing me” interactive training platform to support the knowledge improvement of concepts of ageing and disability and to improve the skills acquisition of AAWID;
- Pilot training courses for 40 educators and 150 AAWID to support the training process.